Saturday 12 May 2012

Di Matteo: I don't know what will happen after CL final


Chelsea interim coach Roberto Di Matteo has revealed he is not yet sure what will happen after the Champions League final at Munich.
Di Matteo has turned around Chelsea’s performance this season since he took over from Andre Villa-Boss. Though Chelsea will end up on the sixth position in the Premier League, they have won the FA Cup final against Liverpool and also stand the chance of winning the Champions League when they play Bayern Munich in the final later this month.
Speaking in a report, Di matteo said: "If we don't win, I guess we'll need to reassess the situation.
 "After the last game, the people at the club will sit down together and make the right decisions for the future.
"Those decisions involve what changes they want to make to the technical and playing staff. It's not one to discuss now.
"My contract expires at the end of the June and my position has not changed.
"I've very much enjoyed my time as manager. It has been very challenging and I will always have a good relationship with the fans.
"I have a legacy at this club that will always be there. No one can take that away. Whenever I come back to Stamford Bridge it will always be a great feeling for me. But I'm not important here. It's all about the club and the players, and the opportunity they have to achieve something very special in Munich next week."
Looking at his own position, Di Matteo said: "I don't know what will happen after the Champions League final. It's too far ahead and there are more important things to think about.
"There's no reason for me to have spoken to anyone yet. When it's the right time to think about these issues, I will do."

No comments:

Post a Comment