Friday 4 May 2012

Rooney strike voted best Premier League goal


Wayne Rooney’s overhead kick in the match between United and City in February 2011 has been voted as the greatest goal in the 20 seasons of the Premier League.

From the total votes cast by hundreds of thousands of supporters across the globe, Rooney’s goal got 26% of the vote. The goal scored for Arsenal by Dennis Bergkamp against Newcastle in 2002 got the second highest vote, 19% and Thierry Henry’s goal for Arsenal against Manchester United in 200 was third on 15%.

Speaking in a report, Rooney Said: "I grew up watching the Premier League so to be voted the best goal in the history of the Premier League is a great feeling.
 
"There's so many good goals in that shortlist, goals that I watched in my living room as a kid: Alan Shearer's goal, Paolo Di Canio's, Tony Yeboah's, David Beckham's.
 
"To be competing with them and winning is a great honour for me and something I'm very proud of. I'd like to say a big thank you to all the fans that voted for me."

Rooney has scored 26 premier league goals this season for his club and is 2 goals behind the current top scorer Robin Van persie.

No comments:

Post a Comment