Saturday 14 April 2012

Liverpool through to FA cup final

Liverpool defeated Everton 2-1 on Saturday at Wembley to qualify for the FA Cup final.

At the end of the first half Liverpool was a goal down to Everton, from a goal by Nikica Jelavic in the 24th minute. Luis Suarez levelled matters in the 62nd minute after a poor defence by Everton.

The £35million striker Andrew Carroll gave Liverpool the victory four minutes to the end of the game. This result gives Liverpool the chance of winning two trophies this season after they had clinched the carling cup in February.

Speaking to reporters after the game Carroll said:

"It's the best feeling ever. We worked hard and getting the goal right there at the end was great. I had a few chances and should have probably scored earlier.

"But I kept at it and it was a great ball in by Craig, and I just had to score with that one and I did. It's a great feeling. I've had some criticism but I've just kept on going. I get the winner here and it's a great feeling. I believe in myself every day.''

Liverpool will know who they face in the final after Sunday's match between Tottenham and Chelsea.

No comments:

Post a Comment